Fogo Island Co-operative Society Limited
Phone: +1 709-627-3452
Postal Address: P.O. Box 70, Seldom, Fogo Island, NL, Canada, AOG 3ZO
– We continue to operate three seafood processing plants in Seldom, Joe Batt’s Arm and Fogo
– We process snowcrab, shrimp, turbot, cod, sea cucumber, capelin, herring, mackeral, lumpfish and various flatfish.
– We have pioneered quality initiatives in the seafood industry through dockside product grading systems.
– We export our products to countries all over the world… United Staes, Japan, China, Taiwan, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Russian and Canada.
We continue to grow in other areas of the Province in other species such as Scallop, Lobster, Whelk and Atlantic Halibut.
The Fogo Island Co-op is a major force in Newfoundland Seafood Industry, harvesting various species of seafood (crab, shrimp, turbot, caplin, cod, sea cucumber, herring and mackeral) in Newfoundland waters and remains an international force in markets globally. A fleet of 30 long liners, and many small inshore vessels supply quality raw material daily to three modern processing plants. The Co-op has its own laboratory, welding shop and a marine services center complete with a fishing supplies outlet. With markets in the United States, Japan, China, Taiwan, Sweden, Denmark, the United Kingdom and Germany the Co-op has spread its wings. They have developed a rock-solid reputation for honesty, integrity, pride in performance, and world-class quality. Just ask their customers.
Anchored in the North Atlantic, off Newfoundland’s rugged North East coast, The Fogo Island Co-op remains totally committed to it’s mandate and that is to provide a living to its membership made up of Fishers, plant workers and management employees.
– Atlantic Snowcrab
– North Atlantic Shrimp
– Sea Cucumber
– Processed Raw Sea Cucumber
– Dried Skins and Nutraceutical Powder
– Greenland Halibut
– Atlantic Cod
– Brine Cured Roe
– Lumpfish Caviar
– North Atlantic Mackerel
– Atlantic Herring