Address: 17 Mclntyre Street Mornington TAS 7018 Australia
Phone: 61-03 6245 1744
Fax: 61-03 6245 1766
Welcome to Tas Live Abalone
We are a boutique Abalone processing and marketing company Located in Tasmania, Which is Australia’s Southern most Sate. We operate from a “State of the art” Facility on the outskirts of the capital city of Hobart; just 10 minutes drive from Hobart international Airport. Our Emphasis is on the quality of our product rather then the quantity.
We are the only Australian marketing company with a corporate in China, having an office located in Shanghai. We are also only Australian Abalone marketing company to have developed the technology to “dry” Abalone to the equivalent quality of the legendary kipping product from Japan.
Our Products portfolio enjoys an enviable reputation in each of our markets and includes Live, Individually Quick Frozen(both blast and liquid ethanol) Cryovac, Canned and Dry Abalone.
– Tasmanian abalone is nourished by the clean cold waters of the Southern Ocean.
– Tasmania has always been recognized globally with a clean green image.
– The Tasmanian Government has been very careful in ensuring that abalone is sustainable for many years to come.
– Presently 25% of the world market comes from Tasmania and in the near future with the depletion of world stocks will strengthen our position.
– Our live abalone is generated in a similar climate to Japans famous ouma both at 42 degrees latitude.
Natural wild abalone stocks globally are decreasing rapidly and Japan is no exception. Already this global shortage is having repercussions on the price of Japanese abalone.
In addition, poaching in other main export countries still exist with the exception of Tasmania having a very well managed proven sustainable fishery of high quality fish guaranteeing a long jeopardy of the industry.
Even so, only Tasmania can supply abalone from the wild fishery of excellent quality.